Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

And then they end up in the water again.

Is it weird that every Tuesday and Thursday, when I'm passing by the fountain at the Business Complex at my university, I stop and look at the water to see if there are any beetles I can rescue?

I mean, they don't know what they're doing, right? I feel obligated to save them from what is sure to be an agonizing chlorine tasting death. Here's a picture of the fountain:

I know it's obscure, but I was trying to be all photographer-y.
Not to mention, while everyone is walking by watching me stick my hand into the fountain and fish out beetles, my boyfriend stands next to me with an expression that says, "I can't explain this." 

Which reminds me, I always save the bread I don't eat at FIU to give to the ducks by the pond:

Well, they were walking by the library.
Until I read that bread makes them sick and throws off their diet, making them dependent on humans.

And then I feel like a duck killer. 

I get depressed a little.

Until next Tuesday, when I save another beetle from drowning.


No comments:

Post a Comment