Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I love that song..

Okay, I had to make a post about this video STAT because it's only been up for A DAY and it has more views than all my crappy camera phone videos combined [TilTheBreakOfDawn is my YouTube Channel if you feel like wasting some precious minutes of your life]. 177,990 to be exact.

The title is: Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus.

Now I must admit, when I saw this, I was skeptical. I thought it was just a typical video with a seemingly contradictory name just to get views. But I was astonished at the simplicity and directness of the message. It's a young guy, in his 20's probably, and his whole message rhymes, which is pretty cool. He's standing on front of a cathedral-looking building, and after reading the description, I realized that its "a poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion."

I love this video because it makes you think without even trying. I've always felt that many people get caught up in trying to be "good" by doing what they think will please God and don't realize that they're missing the essence of it. I don't think religion is about following a set of rules and seeking the approval of a superior being. I think it's about seeking tranquility and happiness in an entity that is not physical, something that is beyond that world that you may interpret as you please.

I don't really have much to say, so I'll leave with a few lines from the one long lost hit Jewel had.. you remember that song, right??

"Who will save your soul? After those lies that you told boy..

Who will save your soul, if you won't save your own?"

No comments:

Post a Comment