Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dan Savage is genius..

I know I'm extremely late, but I am just now learning about Dan Savage's view of monogamy. I have read his advice columns for some time, and his advice is a fresh variation from the "typical" advice columnist. He gives it to you straight forward, like it or not. And his advice makes sense. Its not always what you may consider "moral" or the "ethical" thing, but hey, life isn't always black and white. If it were, straight people wouldn't be writing to a gay advice columnist for advice. But anyway..

There a video on Youtube where he describes why monogamy isn't natural for humans and why we shouldn't push it, and it made so much sense to me. Its interesting to think that maybe, just maybe, the reason our marriages are failing, is because people assume that once you marry someone, you shouldn't be attracted to someone else. But you will be.

I also found some more videos that are hilarious and make you think, and this touching one that made me a bit teary eyed.

All in all, he's the coolest gay guy ever. I think his perspectives on life and marriage are on point, and I'm very interested in finding out more about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment